So yeah, I got my tonsils out on February 29th, and was higher than a mother trucker for about a week afterwards. I was recently cleared to start going to the gym again, but writing about workouts isn't very interesting when you are suffering from a setback.
Even though it is no fault of my own, I am cursing at my diminished strength level and the pain in my throat while running. In the long run, it will all be for the best though... I haven't had my Afghani death lung cough since the surgery, and my nostrils have stayed clear since the surgery. I haven't had an unstuffed nose since early elementary... I'm tripping balls over the whole "breathing normal" thing.
So I solemnly swear to update more often (I know, I know). Now, on to today's update:
Learning Tact and Pushing Metal
I promised work stories, and a really awkward one came to fruition last night. One of our young guys has a weird growth/boil thing on the back of his head. If you've ever seen the cartoon Fairly Oddparents, it looks like the thing that Elmer has on his head.
Well, the kid came into our shop and needed to check in some equipment. I wasn't doing anything, so I went over to help him. I was within 3 feet of this cat before I noticed... THE THING WAS LEAKING!
Not just a tiny bit of clear fluid, but this pus like goo was snaking its way down the guy's head and neck. Did I mention that he has personal space issues? Yeah...
So I'm spending my time doing my job, while simultaneously trying to avoid his leaky second head and not give away the fact that I'm staring this thing down like we're in a Mexican standoff. I finish checking his stuff in, and I look at him. I said, "I don't know a tactful way to say this, but your lump head thing is leaking out man" He blushed, thanked me for the heads up, and went the the latrine with the quickness.
After that incident and work being a general pain in the ass, I made my way to the weight room. I forgot my gym clothes, so I just went in my standard Ux2 garb (under uniform). Knee length running spandex stuff and a long shirt. Luck would have it, it was a leg day. I love leg days, I'm obsessy pants with leg days... If leg days were a man, I'd do stuff to him that Hustler would be like "whoa man, that chick is cRaZy!" Sufficient to say, I enjoy leg days. However, I do NOT enjoy doing the slut machine in tights. Love the slut machine, but it looks 10X skankier in spandex.
Info Note: slut machine = hip abductor/adductor machines.
So here I am, pressing weights by either closing my legs or opening them, in my stupid pants. And since I've been limited duty/con leave I haven't been able to work out, so I no longer have a good range idea for my weight. By the end of my slut machine happy fun time, I'd done 6 sets (15 reps each) starting at 50 and ending at failure at 120. Not even close to my best, but it was still enough to give me the Ultimate Walk of Shame the next day. Only people who SAW me at the gym were willing to believe that I wasn't having a very good time the previous night (pervy bastards)
But, leg day was a minor success.... squats went better than expected, lunges were just as brutal as ever, and my calves popped nicely after I was done with my lifts. Plus, my klutzy ass didn't fall off the stairmaster, treadmill, or elliptical (I break up my cardio on leg days). I'm satisfied for now.... just can't wait to get fully healed, dismissed from the doctor, onto my deployment, and into my element. Instead of GTL, it'll be GWGWGWGWGWGWOSL! (Gym, Work,Gym, Work,Gym, Work,Gym, Work,Gym, Work,Gym, Work, Oh Shit Laundry!)
That's it for this wrap up... the next update will be sooner, honest Euromutt with a hint of Injun.
Thursday, April 5, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment